2017 proved to be a busy writing year. Adrift launched in the first month of the year and I polished Beached in preparation for a 2018 launch. On the short story front, I added two anthologies to my publishing credits with a story in both Busted: Arresting Stories from the Beat, and Happy Homicides 6: Cookin’ Up Crime. I was the featured guest on thirteen blogs, recorded a radio show, participated on panels at two writers conferences, taught three writers workshops, and generally had a ball.
All well and good, but the calendar has already flipped 17 pages into 2018 and here is what you can expect from me this year.
- Beached the second Mer Cavallo Mystery (which launched last week)
- A revamped website
- Special, exclusive content for my newsletter subscribers (have you signed up?)
- Continuing education
- Several presentations, readings, and workshops (check out my Events page for updates)
- Finish the draft of my current work in progress (a police procedural)
- Outline Chum, the third Mer Cavallo Mystery
Ambitious? Maybe, but it keeps me focused. The day after Beached launched, I had a reader ask me when the next Mer Cavallo Mystery would be out. That question put a huge smile on my face.
Best wishes for a happy, healthy, and fulfilling new year. What do you want to accomplish in 2018?